We are delighted to announce that we will be running a Choreographing in Community Contexts Dance CPD workshop from 2-3rd July 2020
Our Artistic Director and Founder, Fergus Early, will lead a 2 day workshop in which he shares some of his immense experience of choreographing both for and with specific
Having choreographed over 25 full-length works for audiences ranging from 2 years old to residents of care homes, and many short dances for groups of children, young people and older adults, Fergus offers this unique opportunity to learn about, experiment with and discuss the complex and exciting craft of choreography for and with communities. Some of the topics covered include:
- Knowing your audience
- Theatre, school, residents’ lounge – what is the venue?
- Dance, spoken word, visual art/design, music, song – what are your media?
- What is your dance language, vocabulary, style?
- Narrative or abstract? (and what do those words mean?)
- Collaborate or go it alone?
- Choreographing with professionals
- Choreographing with non-professionals
- Form and content
- Clarity and accessibility
When: Thursday 2nd and Friday 3rd July 2020. 9.30-4.30pm
Where: Oxford House, Derbyshire St, London E2 6HG
Fee: £150 / £120 concession (students, unemployed, 60+)
To find out more and book your place, please email
email@example.com or telephone 0207 739 7722